Isn’t it a real pain when something goes wrong with your car?
It often happens when we’re least expecting it, and unless we’re really lucky it’s going to be at a time when we could do without the cost.
However, when you do need to get your vehicle repaired in the Norwich area, it’s good to know there are garages like Spencers MOT and Service Centre in Rackheath, where you can enjoy great facilities and great service from top class mechanics that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
Here are some tips to keep you safe on the road and help you save money on auto repairs
- Keep your car serviced regularly – A regularly serviced car will perform more efficiently, plus when we service your car for you we’ll pick up on any components that may be worn and that need replacing. This can prevent a much bigger bill at a late date when the said component wears out or gives way.
- Check your fluids – This is important, especially if you cover lots of miles or drive an older vehicle. Checking the oil makes sense as letting it run low or run out completely can result in a seized engine and a huge bill for an engine replacement. The same goes for brake fluid and power steering fluid.
- Familiarise yourself with your vehicle – Cars have become more complex over the years it’s true, but some things are still easily sorted and a read through your car’s handbook will teach you lots of things such as where the fuses are, where the fluid reservoirs are, and what the warning lights mean.
- Don’t wait too long – If a dashboard warning light comes on, don’t drive around for days before you get it seen to. Check the manual for what the problem is, then see if it’s a fuse that needs replacing or something more serious. If it’s a serious issue book it in to be fixed.
- Use a reputable garage – Of course we’d say that, but this is one of the most important things you should do. Get to know a garage, look at the reviews, the facilities, speak to the mechanics… are they friendly and willing to help or not?
At Spencers we are members of the Good Garage Scheme and as such we abide by their code of conduct, so you know we’re a garage you can trust.
Why not come and see us at Unit 36, Mackintosh Road, Rackheath Trading Estate, Norwich, Norfolk, NR13 6LJ and get a free oil and brake check and have a chat with our experienced team. We’re here to help with all your Norwich auto repairs, along with MOT’s and servicing.
Call us today on 01603 266 000.
Looking for an MOT Centre in Norwich?